I’ve been reading everything I can get my eyes on about blogging. I think everyone is pretty much in agreement of the basic guidelines for Successful Blogging:
- Be well read. Be up-to-date on what’s going on around you. The vangage point from a hole in the ground? ‘taint great.
- Be well-rounded. Have lots of interests, hobbies, and passions. It makes you more interesting and you can relate to more people.
- Be enthusiastic. If you’re bored with life, life’ll be bored with you, along with everyone else!
- Let your personality shine through. Don’t be afraid to use your own slanguage or abbreviations. (Personally, I’m not above making words up if the need arises.)
- Say what’s on your mind – but not just for the shock value. Jerks no longer shock anyone, they merely annoy. However, if you have something to say, come out with it. Don’t beat around the danged proverbial bush.
- If you make a mistake, own up to it. Don’t grovel for crying out loud, but do apologize and move on.
- Be respectful of others. Treat others as you’d want your loved ones to be treated.
- Allow others to have their own opinions. Don’t fall into the school yard bully mode of thinking that there are two opinions in the world – Your opinions and Wrong opinions. Make up, and express, your own mind and allow others the freedom. (As long as the opinions expressed aren’t hurtful or disrespectful.)
- Be helpful and charitable at every opportunity. When you don’t see the opportunity to do so, create one.
What really amazes me is that the same guidelines for Successful Blogging make a pretty good outline for Successful Living. Throw in exercise and eat right and you’d be off to a really good start!
Make each moment count double,