We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Links to books are "affiliate links," meaning I earn a small percentage when you click through and buy the book. This costs you absolutely nothing extra but helps me keep my cats in the lifestyle they're accustomed to!
Buy at AllPosters.com
May 18. Do you realize how far away from January 1 we are?! So many days have passed since we made our New Year’s Resolutions that I don’t even want to think about it. If you also had a few resolutions that were easier to make than to keep, you know exactly where I’m coming from.
Ah, but here’s the rub: There are even more days until December 31! That’s right – we still have time to steady our legs and finish strong. This race isn’t over. In fact we aren’t even in the home stretch yet. So, I want you to sit down and think about your resolutions again.
Ask yourself a few questions:
- Where did I slip? Did you get overly comfortable and confident? Back up and give yourself a fresh start!
- Why have I lost my focus? Identify your distractions and find a way to deal with them.
- What do I need to do to get back on track? Surround yourself with supportive people and realize that you ARE stronger than the thing you are up against. Renew your determination now and you’ll have even more reasons to celebrate when December rolls around.
- How can I keep from slipping again? The bad news is you slipped once. The good news is you know what to watch out for next time.
Finally, the best advice I can give you (and myself for that matter!) is this: Set yourself up for success. The surest way to do that is to give yourself an advantage. Below you’ll find some amazing resources, or advantages, that want to help you cross the finish line in whatever race you’re in.
- Want to lose weight and be healthier? The Denim Diet by Kami Gray MUST be the next book you buy. Please click the link to read more about this book. This book could easily be the advantage you need.
- Want to stop drinking? For help with this admirable, yet often difficult goal, please go immediately to How to Stop Drinking and read every single word. You don’t have to do this alone. People are very eager to help you. Support is never more important than it is when you’re looking for a victory over an addiction. Click the link and you’ll find the support you need.
- Prevention.com is another excellent (and free!) source of inspiration and motivation when you’re trying to eat healthier and become more physically fit.
- If time management is something you struggle with, first of all, welcome to the club – have a seat if you can find one! The video you’ll find HERE will prove to be a great, great advantage for you. Grab a pen and paper and take notes. The speaker is Randy Pausch and he’ll rock your clock.
Another great resource for self improvement can be found HERE. You’ll find a free guide based on Dale Carnegie’s amazing and potentially life-changing book, How to Win Friends and Influence People.
Remember, it’s not how you start the race, it’s how you finish it that counts!
Make each stride count double,