We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Links to books are "affiliate links," meaning I earn a small percentage when you click through and buy the book. This costs you absolutely nothing extra but helps me keep my cats in the lifestyle they're accustomed to!
My youngest daughter and I played tennis for 60 minutes yesterday. My body is completely aware of each and every one of those 3600 seconds today. But, it actually feels good – because I know that I’m getting back (slowly/surely) into “summer” condition. One day, my serve may even come back. Hey, I’m an optimist!
I’m also a duffus, because I should have done something during the winter to stay in shape. Apparently I considered blogging and brushing my teeth to be winter sports. I’d put my fingers in the shape of an L on my forehead…..but, er, it might hurt to raise my arm that high…..so, um, let’s just imagine that I branded myself a loser.
Our minds aren’t much different from our bodies. They’re as strong as we allow them to be, as powerful as we prepare them to be.
The tips below are recommended for keeping your nerve cells functioning and your brain cells working at top speed:
- Exercise your mind. Read, play word games and follow current affairs – even if the current affairs are downers, you have to know what’s going on around you. Have you ever heard someone say, “I don’t read the news – too depressing.” Personally, I think being uninformed and unaware of the world around you is much more depressing.
- Exercise your body. By keeping your heart and blood vessels healthy, you increase blood flow to the brain. Absolutely essential for top mental fitness.
- Eat a healthy diet. You’ll provide your brain with the fuel it needs to run on all cylinders.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Doing so will help you retain information. Lack of sleep is one of the worst things imaginable for mental fitness and functioning.
- Stay socially active and learn new hobbies. This will keep the creative part of your mind alive and active.
Start addressing each one of the tips above today, and keep at it. In a few weeks, you’ll notice a HUGE difference in the way your mind’s working for you. You’ll also feel so much better you’ll want to hug yourself.
Make each moment count double,