We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Links to books are "affiliate links," meaning I earn a small percentage when you click through and buy the book. This costs you absolutely nothing extra but helps me keep my cats in the lifestyle they're accustomed to!
“The moment of enlightenment is when a person’s dreams of possibilities become images of probabilities.” – Vic Braden
I love the concept of taking a dream of possibility and turning it into an image of probability. Absolutely all kinds of love it.
I do a lot of reading – from cookbooks to Mental Floss and from Glamour Magazine to Shakespeare – and a concept I’m hit between the eyes with again and again is that success in anything starts in the mind.
- A salesman or woman isn’t a great one until they become one first in their own mind.
- Our relationships are only as good as we decide they’ll be.
- A student will only do as well as they’re prepared to do.
- A parent will only raise the kind of child they intend to raise.
- An entreprenuer will achieve the amount of success he or she sets their mind to achieve.
We are so quick to point fingers at people around us, our circumstances, our surroundings, the clock, etc… But, more than anything, if we want to put our finger on what’s really to blame if things aren’t where we want them to be, we need to take that pointing finger, put it on our temple and do a gentle little tap tap tap.
Positive and productive thoughts are power vitamins for the mind. Just as surely as negative, ridiculous thoughts are poisonous to everything they touch.
It’s something to think about. Literally.
Make each positive thought count double and as for the negative ones…. Uproot them and plant two positive ones in its place.