We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Links to books are "affiliate links," meaning I earn a small percentage when you click through and buy the book. This costs you absolutely nothing extra but helps me keep my cats in the lifestyle they're accustomed to!
Is your workplace conducive or unconducive to good mental health? If the answer is the wrong one, you could be suffering from undue stress that will, in time, affect your health.
When you consider how much time the average person spends at work, it’s easy to see how much the workplace influences our mental well-being. Working in a high-stress environment will take its toll on a person’s mental, as well as physical, health.
Workplaces with the following characteristics are said to be the best environments for strong mental health:
- Recognition for good work performance
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Management that values the individual worker
- Management that listens to the employees and takes what they have to say seriously
- An environment where respect is a two-way street rather than a one way dead end
- A place where everyone feels that they are a vital part of a team
- Management instructs rather than insults
- An environment where every member of the force (from the top on down) give the same amount of time and effort
How does your workplace measure up?
Make each moment count double,