If you love berries, grape juice, and walnuts, you already have an upper hand when it comes to protecting the health of your brain. If you aren’t already wild about them, it’s time to fall in love!
The polyphenols in walnuts and berries help quiet the inflammation and oxidative stressin the brain. These are the vile evils that can injure the brain and lead to memory problems.
Potent Brain Protection and Prevent Memory Loss
Just how powerful are the polyphenols in berries, grape juice, and walnuts? Get this: They are so potent that research suggests they might even help reverse cognitive decline once it occurs. According to Real Age.com (with Drs. Oz and Roizen), in a study of older adults with mild dementia, the individuals performed better on memory tests after Concord grape juice was added to their diets.
Take Steps to Prevent Mental Decline
Below are some tasty ways to make sure you get enough of these polyphenols.
- Pick a time of the day to automatically have a glass of grape juice – use a particular time or event to signal the ritual. For example, have a glass as you wash dishes, check your e-mail, take a bath, or read the paper.
- Add berries and nuts to your breakfast cereal.
- Add nuts and berries to your tossed salad.
- Put some walnuts in the bottom of a clear bowl. Pour vanilla yogurt over the walnuts, then pile on different colors of berries. Gorgeous and delicious.
- Keep a candy dish filled with walnuts near your computer. Nosh on them throughout the day.
- Add berries and walnuts to your oatmeal. I’ve gotten to the point where if my oatmeal doesn’t have blueberries on top of it, I walk the other way!
Make each moment count double!