I can give the basics and even a few little extras, but the best way to get to know about me is to get to know me. So e-mail me (joisigers @ aim.com). That way, I get to know you too.
My name is Joi (pronounced Joy). People see my name and wonder if I’m from “an exotic race” – the answer’s no, unless being a Kentuckian counts. Born in Kentucky, raised in Kentucky, live in Kentucky – as the Montgomery Gentry song says, here is “where I keep all my yesterdays.” My today’s are also here, and my tomorrow’s see no reason to go anywhere else.
Mental Fitness, brain health, relaxation, improving your memory, self improvement, self help, and self growth are great passions of mine. I, literally, spend hours each day researching these fields and reading everything I can get my eager hands on.
If the countless books, periodicals, newspapers, text books, and other sources of information counted as college credit – I would have 100 college degrees by now! I was actually enrolled in Psychology classes when I was in college but Mr. Right came along – followed by a wedding and three beautiful daughters.
Psychology and college were put on HOLD while I HELD tightly to those who hung the moon and stars in my world. One day I’d like to finish my schooling and actually have the Psychology degree. But, as I’ve said, I feel (honestly) as though I already have many.
In addition to Out of Bounds, I have websites/blogs devoted to my other great loves in life:
- Cooking: I had rather be in my kitchen cooking for my family than anyplace else on earth. My food blog is where I celebrate my love of cooking, kitchen gadgets, baking, cookbooks, recipes, Southern food, and the Food Network.
- Cats: I have 1 inside cat, a diva extraordinaire named Alexa. Her diva status prevents the others from being inside cats as well. She came first, so I guess she has squatting rights. Our outside cats are Jelly Bean, Hannah, Fatima, and Bullet. My Cat Blog is devoted to this remarkable animal.
- Dreamology: I am a dreamologist and have a dream analysis website. I love to analyze dreams and dream symbols, so this site is a lot of fun.
- Self Help: My Self Help website/blog is Self Help Daily. It has grown beyond my wildest dreams and I thoroughly enjoy it – almost as much as the wonderful online friends I’ve made through the site.
- Movies: I love movies – new and old – so much that a day without watching one doesn’t seem complete. I also am the biggest I Love Lucy and Andy Griffith fan on earth. My blog, Hollywood Yesterday, pays tribute to the Golden Age of Hollywood as well as more recent classics.
- Office Supplies: One day, while deliriously roaming the aisles of Staples, I realized just how bad I have it for office supplies. I came home and put up an Office Supply blog (Office Freaks) that is one of my most successful and enjoyable sites.
There are others, but these are the main ones.
Please feel free to contact me any time: email@example.com – I’ll get back to you as soon as humanly possible, if not faster. It all boils down to how much coffee I’ve had that day…